What are the advantages of SMT patch processing technology
1. Electronic products are small in size and high in assembly density
The volume of SMT patch components is only about 10% of traditional packaging components, and the weight is only 10% of traditional plug-in components. SMT technology can usually reduce the volume of electronic products by 40% to 60%, reduce the quality by 60% to 80%, and greatly reduce the area and weight. The grid of SMT chip processing and assembly components has developed from 1.27mm to the current 0.63mm grid, and some have reached 0.5mm grid. Through-hole mounting technology is adopted to increase assembly density.
2. High reliability and strong anti-vibration ability
SMT chip processing uses chip components, which have high reliability, small size, light weight, strong vibration resistance, automatic production, high installation reliability, and the rate of bad solder joints is generally lower than 10 parts per million. The wave soldering technology of through-hole components is an order of magnitude lower, which can ensure the low defect rate of solder joints of electronic products or components. At present, nearly 90% of electronic products use SMT technology.
3. Good high-frequency characteristics and reliable performance
Because the chip components are firmly mounted, the devices are usually leadless or short leads, which reduces the influence of parasitic inductance and parasitic capacitance, improves the high frequency characteristics of the circuit, and reduces electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. The maximum frequency of the circuit designed with SMC and SMD can reach 3 GHz, while the chip component is only 500 MHz, which can shorten the transmission delay time. It can be used in circuits with a clock frequency above 16MHz. If MCM technology is adopted, the high-end clock frequency of the computer workstation can reach 100 MHz, and the additional power consumption caused by parasitic reactance can be reduced by 2-3 times.
4. Improve productivity and realize automatic production
At present, in order to realize the complete automation of perforated printed board installation, it is necessary to expand the area of the original printed board by 40%, so that the insertion head of the automatic plug-in can insert components, otherwise there will not be enough clearance and the parts will be damaged. The automatic placement machine (SM421/SM411) uses a vacuum nozzle to pick up and place components, and the vacuum nozzle is smaller than the shape of the component, which increases the installation density. In fact, small components and fine-pitch QFP devices are produced by automatic placement machines to achieve full-line automatic production.
5. Reduce costs and reduce expenses
(1) The use area of the printed board is reduced, and the area is 1/12 of the through-hole technology. If the CSP is installed, the area will be greatly reduced;
(2) Reduce the number of drilling holes in printed boards and save rework costs;
(3) Due to the improvement of frequency characteristics, the cost of circuit debugging is reduced;
(4) Due to the small size and light weight of the chip components, the cost of packaging, transportation and storage is reduced;
SMT chip processing technology can save materials, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc., and the cost can be reduced by up to 30% and 50%.
Contact Person: Ms. Linda
Tel: 0086 13670197725 (Whatsapp/Wechat)
Fax: 0086-755- 29502066